Monday, December 30, 2013

Welder's Cap


This was a free pattern designed by Seamingly Simple and promoted by Ricochet and Away. I love the stripe she used in her version. In my stash I had a thrifted pair of shorts with a similar pattern. I had to piece the band of the cap, since the pieces of fabric I salvaged weren't wide enough, but I never mind doing that. I lined the cap with a quilting fabric I had on hand, but made the band on that side from the stripe, though run vertically for a bit of extra interest. The cap is fully reversible.


One interesting thing about this pattern is that the six crown sections are not alike. The two side pieces are of a slightly different shape which makes the cap a tad elongated rather than perfectly round. Which fits a head better, I think. Unless you have a bowling ball head. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a seamstress that makes welding caps ! would you be interested in making (2) dz.? I can give you more info if you would like this order. I'm having a hard time finding someone locally that makes them...

    ReplyDelete